Reduce Tuition by Using Scrip
Each of Holy Family’s supporting parishes provides a Scrip program that essentially provides free money for tuition assistance.
How It Works
- Each parish purchases gift cards or certificates from an extensive list of participating area businesses at a discounted rate.
- You can purchase these certificates at face value to businesses you already frequent.
- The participating retailers from which you patronized using your Scrip certificates will, in turn, give back a designated percentage (typically between 2 and 15 percent) to the parish.
- Of that designated percentage, a portion of the proceeds are directed towards tuition credit for your family (ranging from 55%-75%), and a portion to the church or school parent association, depending on the parish.
- The parish will forward your benefit dollars straight to our central office to be used for your tuition assistance.
Your family and friends who purchase Scrip can also designate their benefit dollars to your family for tuition assistance.
Scrip In Action
Let's pretend you purchased from your parish $100 in Scrip to your favorite restaurant, which is set up to give back 10 percent to the parish. The restaurant will give $10 to your parish; then, your parish will give 75 percent of that $10 profit to you for tuition. That's $7.50 you got for free. What do you have to lose?
It Adds Up!
We have hundreds of families taking advantage of the Scrip program, with an average of $260 in tuition earnings. We've even had a family earn as much as $3,600! With a little extra planning, you can help yourself defray the cost of your child's education all while helping your parish.
Sign Up Today!
Check out RaiseRight.com to view participating retailers. Then, contact your parish Scrip coordinator to set up your account or to learn more. You are not required to belong to a parish in order to participate in the Scrip program.