Each of Holy Family’s supporting parishes provides a Scrip program that essentially provides free money for tuition assistance.
How It Works
- Each parish purchases gift cards or certificates from an extensive list of participating area businesses at a discounted rate.
- You can purchase those certificates at face value to businesses you already frequent.
- The participating vendors from which you patronized using your Scrip certificates will in turn give back a designated percentage (typically between 2 and 15 percent) to the parish.
- Of that designated percentage, a portion of the proceeds are directed towards tuition credit for your family (ranging from 55%-75%), and a portion to the church or school parent association, depending on the parish.
- The parish will forward your benefit dollars straight to our central office to be used for your tuition assistance.
Your family and friends who purchase Scrip can also designate their benefit dollars to your family for tuition assistance.
Scrip In Action
Let's pretend you purchased from your parish $100 in Scrip to your favorite restaurant, which is set up to give back 4 percent to the parish. The restaurant will give $4 to your parish; then, your parish will give 75 percent of that $4 profit to you for tuition. That's $3 you got for free. What do you have to lose?
It Adds Up!
In the 2015–2016 school year, 346 families took advantage of the Scrip program, with an average of $262.80 in tuition earnings. The most one family earned was $3,587! With a little extra planning, you can help yourself defray the cost of your child's education all while helping your parish!
Sign Up Today!
Contact your school office to set up your account or for more information.