Our Lady: A Look Ahead
- Tuesday, 12/17 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 12/17 - Christmas Program for grades 1 & 2 and choir at 2:00 and 6:30
- Thursday, 12/19 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 1 Obendorf
- Friday, 12/20 - Out of uniform day, pajama day
- 12/23 - 1/2 - NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, 1/2 - Classes resume (no mass)
- Tuesday, 1/7 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Thursday, 1/9 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 5 Garcia
- Tuesday, 1/14 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 1/14 - Kindergarten Visit Day, 10:00-11:00
- Tuesday, 1/14 - Skate Party at Skate Country, 6:00-8:00
- Thursday, 1/16 - 9:00 mass planned by St. Anthony grade 5 Diekman
- Friday, 1/17 - Grade 5 to Eagle Watch
- Monday, 1/20 - NO SCHOOL - Inservice Day
- Tuesday, 1/21 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Wednesday, 1/22 - Grades 4/5 to Show Choir and Jazz Band performance, 9-10:30
- Wednesday, 1/22 - Kindergarten Visit Day, 10:00-11:00
- Thursday, 1/23 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 3 Coll
- Tuesday, 1/28 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 1/28 - Parent Association Meeting 12:00-1:00
- Thursday, 1/30 - 9:00 mass planned by Catholic Schools Week committee
- Friday, 1/31 - Out of uniform day
Our Lady of Guadalupe Newsletter
News: Thursday, December 12, 2019
Dear St. Anthony and OLG Families,
We have been busy with Advent activities, liturgical celebrations, and Christmas programs. Thank you for your support in all these endeavors.
Visitors to Buildings – Please help us tighten up our practices when it comes to visitors entering our buildings. We all want to keep our children safe, so we need to ensure that any visitors to the buildings go immediately to the office to sign in. If you are bringing a student, a forgotten item, etc., please report to the office first, sign in, and wear a visitor badge. Do not go directly to a classroom. This applies to the playground, too. Students who come late will be asked to have a pass from the office, so they need to go there first. I know it may seem a bit formal, but if we continue to allow some people to come and go, what is to stop strangers from wandering in. Having said that, you are welcome to visit your child’s/children’s classroom and/or eat lunch whenever you would like. Thank you!
Communicating a child's absence or illness should be phoned in to the school office or emailed by 8:15 to the school secretary and teacher. Please do not use SeeSaw. The secretaries do not have access to those communications. Thank you for your cooperation.
Pajama Day – We have had another Best-year-ever suggestion. As a result, Friday, December 20th will be a pajama day. Students may wear comfy clothes on our last day before Christmas break.
Please look to your parish bulletins for Advent activities your families can attend.
Please submit pictures that you may take at school events for yearbook use to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For updated information regarding the Holy Family Elementary School Transition Plan click on the following link.
2019 Holiday Kids Concerts are aired on 92.9 KAT FM. Our school choir will be showcased on December 19th at 11:35 am.
Here is a list of all-school events:
December 16 - Advent Prayer Service (8:15 – 8:30 in gym)
December 17 – Christmas Program (2:00 & 6:30)
December 17 – T-shirt Tuesday
December 20 – Pajama Day
December 21 – January 1 – Christmas Break
*Teachers will communicate classroom and grade-level events via SeeSaw.
May the presence of God embrace you and your families during this holy season of Advent. Thank you for sharing your children with us.
Carolyn Wiezorek, Principal
Parent Association News:
- Save the date for the annual school fundraiser (Spring Scurry) on May 1 – this event was moved back to spring this year given current elementary school proposals
- PA dues are accepted all year – if you are unsure whether you paid your $25/family PA dues yet, feel free to call or email.