All the School News You Need
This is your one-stop for all school news. Start by checking the Holy Family news below for system-wide updates and Personalized Learning news. Then, select your school(s) from the menu above to find all the news you need to know in one convenient spot.
Holy Family News:
See dates related to Personalized Learning events in the PL News & Updates section below!
- Feb. 13–14 – Parent-teacher conferences
- Feb. 14–15 – No school, conferences and teacher in-service
- Feb. 15 – Pre-registration due
- Feb. 24 – Holy Family Music, Art & Waffle Breakfast, 7:30-11:30 a.m. at Wahlert Catholic High School
- Feb. 26 – Personalized Learning Parent Academy #3, 6:30–7:00 p.m. in the Wahlert cafeteria
Music, Art & Waffle Breakfast | Sunday, Feb. 24
Celebrate the talents of Holy Family students and enjoy freshly-made waffles and sausages served by Albrecht Acres at the annual Holy Family Art & Waffle Breakfast on Sunday, Feb. 24 from 8:00-11:30 a.m. in the Wahlert Catholic Kehl Family Commons. Student art will be on display in the Wahlert gymnasium throughout the breakfast and a new choir performance schedule will be communicated as plans are finalized.
Breakfast is $8 for adults, $6 for children 6-12 and free for children 5 and under. Please join us to enjoy music and works of art from students throughout our schools. Hope to see you there!
Recognizing schedules have been greatly disrupted, we have extended the due date for pre-registration to Friday, Feb. 15. This is a friendly reminder to please return your pre-registration form along with the registration fee as soon as possible. Thank you!
First Quick Cash Raffle Drawing Monday, Feb. 18!
A total of $35,000 in prizes will be given away. Make the most of your chances to win by buying your tickets early and be entered into all EIGHT Quick Cash drawings. The first drawing will take place at 3 p.m. on Feb. 18 – tune in LIVE on the Holy Family Facebook page. (Tickets must be purchased by 2 p.m. on drawing days to be entered.)
Tickets were distributed this week, but they can also be purchased online (checking account and routing number required).
Get ready for some fun and excitement! Click here to learn more about the Quick Cash Raffle.
Holy Family Catholic Schools is seeking a first shift custodian at St. Joseph the Worker Early Childhood and two second shift custodians at Wahlert Catholic High School. Compensation includes a starting wage of $12 per hour, benefit dollars and paid vacation. Group insurance plans and tuition discount for the K-12 programs at Holy Family Catholic Schools are also available. Interested candidates should contact Jeff Rusch, Director of Building and Grounds, at email@example.com or 563-582-5456 ext. 224.
You can Earn Referral Credits!
Parents of Holy Family students are the best advocates of our schools. To show our appreciation for your support and to thank you for your trust and confidence, we want to reward you! Your family will receive a $100 tuition credit for helping us identify new families to Holy Family Catholic Schools. Visit holyfamilydbq.org/referral for more information or to refer a new family today!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Have you ever considered hosting an international student?
We are seeking host families for the 2019-2020 school year. Holy Family Catholic Schools has gained a reputation for excellence, and we routinely receive requests from international students looking to enroll at our schools. We currently have interest from students in China, Israel, Spain and Taiwan who wish to enroll at Wahlert Catholic High School next school year. If you are interested in hosting one of these students as well as providing an expanded worldview for your own children, please contact Rebecca Mueller, director of enrollment, at 582-5456, ext. 289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Family Personalized Learning News & Updates:
Wondering what to do during this long winter stretch? Come to a personalized learning event. As you can see, there are many opportunities to learn more about the program and experience what it is all about. These are just the events slated for February, too. There will be more to come and as always, if you want to come for a visit and check it out, just give us a call!
DATE -- Location -- Description:
- Feb. 11 -- Mazzuchelli and Wahlert -- PL Visit Day for 7th and 8th-graders
- Feb. 11 & 12 -- Resurrection -- PL Open House for parents and students during conferences
- Feb. 11 & 13 -- Holy Ghost -- PL Open House for grades 3–5; Parents and students during conferences
- Feb. 20 -- St. Columbkille -- PL Information/Visit Day for 3rd-grade parents - 8:30 a.m. and Noon Sessions
- Feb. 21 -- Mazzuchelli (6th-grade hallway) -- Parent Possible - for connecting, collaborating, and learning about personalized learning - 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Feb. 21 -- Mazzuchelli Commons -- Personalized Learning informational meeting for all parents of students in grades 5-9 from 7:30-8:30 p.m. This meeting follows the Mazzuchelli 5th-grade parent information general meeting held in the Library from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Feb. 26 -- Wahlert Cafeteria -- Parent Academy #3: How to Best Help My Child
- Feb. 27 -- St. Anthony -- Sessions at 8:40 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in St. Anthony Library - For current St. Anthony Parents of 4th- and 5th-graders
- Feb. 28 -- St. Anthony -- Sessions at 2:00 and 6:30 p.m. in St. Anthony Library - For current OLG Parents of 4th-graders
- March 5 -- St. Anthony -- Session at 5:30 p.m. in St. Anthony Library - For current St. Anthony parents of 3rd-graders
Archived HFCS & Personalized Learning News: