Friday, December 6, 2019
With the start of Advent, we usher in a new liturgical year, a new opportunity to encounter Christ in the unfolding of time.
May we be the face of the living and merciful Christ to those who knock on the doors of our hearts, our homes, our parishes, and our nation. May we be for them and for all those we will encounter during this season a source of joy, serenity, and peace.
Advent means arrival or coming. During this sacred season, we actively recall the arrival of Jesus as the Word made flesh, and we joyfully await His final return at the end of the age. But as we remember the past and anticipate the future, we are also attentive to our divine encounters in the present, the ways God "arrive" in our everyday lives.
Please join us for Mass on Thursday, December 12, at 8:45 a.m.
Achieve. Lead. Soar.
Tuesday, December 10
3:15 p.m. Children's Choir
Wednesday, December 11
3:15 p.m. Environmental Club
Thursday, December 12
8:45 a.m. Mass 3S/KW
Friday, December 13
9:15 a.m. Reconciliation
Monday, December 16
Scrip orders due
10:30 a.m. PreK Brosius Christmas Program
Tuesday, December 17
12:30 p.m. PreK Voss Christmas Program
2:00 p.m. Grades 2 & 3 Music Program
3:15 p.m. Children's Choir
6:30 p.m. Grades 2 & 3 Music Program
Thursday, December 19
8:45 a.m. Mass 5D/2A
10:30 a.m. PreK Miller Christmas Program
Friday, December 20
Out of uniform
Timing for drop-off in the morning is as follows:
- Doors open at 8:00 a.m.
- Door 5 open until 8:10 a.m.
- Door 6 open until 8:25 a.m.
The Advent booklet we will use at school for k-5 students is titled, "His Name is Jesus!" Jesus is the name we use most often when we talk about our Savior. But the Bible tells us that Jesus has other names too, and all of those names have special meanings. During this Advent season, students will learn other special names for Jesus.
- Week 1-December 2-6
- Alpha and Omega; Immanuel; Jesus Christ, the Messiah; The Bread of Life and the Vine; The Lamb of God; The Teacher; The Savior; The Redeemer
- Week 2-December 9-13
- The Prophet; The Great High Priest; The King; The Good Shepherd; The Son of David; The Son of God; The Prince of Peace; The Way, Truth and Life; The Light of the World; The Lord
- Week 3-December 16-20
- The Servant; The Word; The Rock of Ages; The Cornerstone; The Morning Star and Dayspring; The Door; The Resurrection and the Life
During the season of Advent, we will be helping others in need. Each PreK-5th grade classroom teachers will provide a laundry basket that students will fill with cleaning supplies. When filled, the basket will be given to the parish for the Giving Tree. We ask that your child bring the item listed below by Friday, December 13.
List of Supplies (Suggestions)
|Cleaning caddy||Magic Erasers||Microfiber cloths||All-purpose cloths|
|Dusters||Scrub brushes||Lint rollers||Toilet paper|
|Paper Towels||Trash bags||Dish soap||Glass cleaner|
|Swiffer dusters||Multi-purpose cleaner||Clorox wipes||Toilet bowl cleaner|
|Sponges||Febreeze spray||Rubber gloves||Laundry detergent|
|Dryer sheets||Bleach pens||Sandwich bags|
Upcoming Advent/Christmas events:
- 12/13, 9:00 Grade 3-5 Reconciliation Prayer Service in church
- 12/16, 10:30 PreK Brosius Christmas Program in church
- 12/17, 12:30 PreK Voss Christmas Program in church
- 12/17, 2:00 and 6:30 Grades 2 and 3 Music Program in the gym
- 12/18, (Laundry baskets to the church basement)
- 12/19, 10:30 PreK Miller Christmas Program in church
Early Childhood News and Updates:
Personalized Learning News: