St. Anthony: A Look Ahead
- 9/3 - 9/27 - MAP testing window
- Tuesday, 9/24 - Kindergarten to Czipar's Apple Orchard at 9:15
- Thursday, 9/26 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 3 Link
- Friday, 9/27 - Early Childhood VIP Day at 10:00
- Friday, 9/27 - Wahlert Homecoming; out of uniform is a Blue and Gold Spirit theme
- Tuesday, 10/1 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Thursday, 10/3 - 9:00 mass planned by St. Anthony grade 4 Knapp
- Friday, 10/4 - NO SCHOOL; Inservice Day
- Thursday, 10/10 - 9:00 mass planned by St. Anthony grade 3 Oswald
- Saturday, 10/12 - Open conference scheduling
- Wednesday, 10/16 - Picture Day
- Thursday, 10/17 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 2 Barrero
- Thursday, 10/17 - Grade 5 to the symphony
- Thursday, 10/17 - Skate Party at Skate Country; 4:00-6:00
- Tuesday, 10/22 - Fall Family Fun Recruitment Night for 2020-2021
- Thursday, 10/24 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 4 White
- Thursday, 10/24 - Close conference scheduling
- Friday, 10/25 - Out of uniform day
- Friday, 10/25 - All school Halloween Party; 5:30-7:30
- 10/28-10/31 - Parent Student Teacher Conference Week; specific days and times TBA
- Tuesday, 10/29 - Parent Association Meeting; 12:00-1:00
- 10/31-11/1 - NO SCHOOL
St. Anthony Newsletter
News: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Dear St. Anthony and OLG Families,
Thank you to those of you who filled out the volunteer forms. I will be meeting with volunteer coordinators to determine training, placements, schedules, etc. We will email all volunteers soon to provide next steps. Thank you again!
School Masses – We have mass every Thursday at 9:00 with different classrooms preparing the liturgy each week. If you are unable to attend, you can view live or watch later using the following link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOB5fvrHXhO4Lo8HzcSI6xQ
Holy Family Elementary School Plan – Please see the excerpt below from Holy Family Chief Administrator, Phil Bormann, for information regarding the Holy family plan for elementary schools and how you can participate in the process.
For those who have been unable to attend a community meeting or would like to take a closer look at the data shared, the presentation slides and the community input form are available on our website.
We invite our families to offer their perspectives as we continue to prayerfully evaluate these important considerations.
In addition to the input we have received online, I would like to extend the opportunity for St. Anthony and Holy Ghost families to discuss their questions and concerns about the proposals with me in person. I invite families of those communities to join me for a meeting to be held on each of your campuses. There will be no formal presentation at these meetings, simply the opportunity for me to hear directly from you and to discuss what Holy Family can do to help address your concerns. I look forward to speaking with you.
St. Anthony Community Meeting
Monday, September 23, 6:30 p.m.
St. Anthony Literacy Center
Holy Ghost Community Meeting
Thursday, September 26, 6:30 p.m.
Holy Ghost Gymnasium
Thank you for choosing St. Anthony/Our Lady of Guadalupe for your children.
Carolyn Wiezorek, Principal
Click here for Asbetos Notification.
Click here for Parent Volunteer Sign-up Form.
Parent Association News:
St. Anthony & OLG Parent Association
The St. Anthony’s & OLG Parent Association (PA) is a parent-run organization that supports our staff and works to build community and enhance our students’ education.
The PA is a wonderful way for families to get involved in the school community. We encourage parents to participate in any way that fits their schedules. If you would like to get involved, simply attend a PA meeting or watch for updates in the school newsletter.
The 2019-20 PA officers are:
President: Stacey Thier
Vice President: Katie Lindsey
Treasurer: Emily Duehr
Secretary: Katie Givens
The PA meets 6 times/year in the St. Anthony’s Parish Conference Room. Meetings are scheduled from 12-1pm on the following dates:
Event committees may choose to meet at other times to plan events.
All are welcome to attend and assist with PA events.
· Treats provided during Classroom Open House
· Fall Fundraiser
· Halloween Party/Dia de los Muertos
· Family Movie Nights
· Skate Parties
· Conference Meals for Staff
· Christmas Meal & Staff Gifts
· Staff Appreciation Week
· $25 annual PA dues are requested at registration (may be paid online or by check)
· School wide participation in one annual fundraiser (previously the Spring Scurry – moving to a Fall Fundraiser in 2019-20)