St. Anthony: A Look Ahead
- Monday, 11/18 - Heritage Center performance field trip for grade 2, 4White, 4Link and 1Domeyer
- Tuesday, 11/19 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 11/19 - Picture Retake Day - If your student was absent or you wish a picture retake, student may be out of uniform. Picture packet must be returned with student for retakes.
- Thursday, 11/21 - 9:00 mass planned by St. Anthony grade 4 Knapp
- Friday, 11/22 - Out of uniform day
- Tuesday, 11/26 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 11/26 - Grades PreK and K Friendship Feast @ 9:30
- 11/27-11/29 - NO SCHOOL - Happy Thanksgiving
- Tuesday, 12/3 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 12/3 - 5th grade Science Day at Wahlert
- Thursday, 12/5 - 9:00 mass planned by the Advent Committee
- Thursday, 12/5 - Kindergarten's performances of The Very Hopeless Camel at 2:00 and 6:30
- Saturday, 12/7 - Cookies and Carols recruitment event for current PreK students
- Monday, 12/9 - 9:00 mass for Feast of The Immaculate Conception planned by staff
- Tuesday, 12/10 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 12/10 - Early Childhood Christmas Program at 10:00
- Thursday, 12/12 - 9:00 mass Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe planned by Our Lady grade 2 Brosius
- Tuesday, 12/17 - T-shirt Tuesday
- Tuesday, 12/17 - Christmas Program for grades 1 & 2 and choir at 2:00 and 6:30
- Thursday, 12/19 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 1 Obendorf
- Friday, 12/20 - Out of uniform day
- 12/23 - 1/2 - NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, 1/3 - Classes resume (no mass)
St. Anthony Newsletter
News: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Dear St. Anthony and OLG Families,
Winter has arrived. Please make sure that your children are dressed appropriately and label everything. We have many items in our Lost and Found boxes. Following guidelines from the government website, Weather Guidelines for Children, recess is held outdoors when the temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit, with wind chill considered.
T-Shirt Tuesday is now every Tuesday, as a result of students’ request for making this the best school year ever. Students may wear any Holy Family t-shirt and must wear uniform pants. Today is the last day to order from the Holiday Store for pre-Christmas delivery.
Holiday Store open until 11:55 pm tonight - Back by popular demand, we will be re-opening our school spirit T-shirt store. Orders will be back in time for our first December T-shirt Tuesday and in time for the holidays. Sweatshirts and stocking caps make the perfect holiday gift for family and teachers! There is also an option to add a gift message when ordering if you’d like us to send it home with someone other than your child. The store will be open until Nov 14. https://shop.envisiontees.com/sta_olg
Picture retake day will be November 19th. If your student was absent or you wish a picture retake, student may be out of uniform. Picture packet must be returned with student for retakes.
The Ginter Thanksgiving Dinner is a long-standing tradition in the Dubuque community and one that our campus has supported over the years. For those not familiar with this event, the Ginter family has put on a free Thanksgiving dinner for the Dubuque community for over 50 years. Every year the number served grows. Last year 2200 people were served either at the Knights of Columbus Hall or by home deliveries. Last year our students/families donated over $1300. The Ginter family cannot accept food products due to Health Department regulations so we plan to have a “Coin Collection” from November 8 - 22. It is suggested that students complete a service project at home to earn their donation. The Ginters have always appreciated our donations and hope that our families will continue to support this worthy cause.
We are trying out a different way of receiving yearbook pictures from parents. Please submit pictures to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For updated information regarding the Holy Family Elementary School Transition Plan click on the following link.
Volunteers – If you filled out paperwork to volunteer at our school, please watch for an email with information regarding orientation meetings and next steps. Thank you!
Dismissal – Please make sure that your child’s teacher sees you when you pick up at the end of the day. In a couple of cases, we have had some worried teachers. When the temperature is below 10 degrees Fahrenheit, with windchill considered, we dismiss from the school gym.
Visitors to Buildings – Please help us tighten up our practices when it comes to visitors entering our buildings. We all want to keep our children safe, so we need to ensure that any visitors to the buildings go immediately to the office to sign in. If you are bringing a student a forgotten item, etc., please report to the office first, sign in, and wear a visitor badge. Do not go directly to a classroom. This applies to the playground, too. Students who come late will be asked to have a pass from the office so they need to go there first, as well. I know it may seem a bit formal, but if we continue to allow some people to come and go, what is to stop strangers from wandering in. Having said that, you are welcome to visit your child’s/children’s classroom and/or eat lunch whenever you would like. Thank you!
Carolyn Wiezorek, Principal
Parent Association News:
- Save the date for the Staff Christmas meal on December 13 – volunteers will be needed in the school that day and many families sign up to bring cookies/treats
- Save the date for the annual school fundraiser (Spring Scurry) on May 1 – this event was moved back to spring this year given current elementary school proposals
- PA dues are accepted all year – if you are unsure whether you paid your $25/family PA dues yet, feel free to call or email.