St. Anthony: A Look Ahead
The tuition assistance deadline of April 15, 2019, is a month away!
The FACTS tuition assistance application is available online at online.factsmgt.com/aid. You will need to provide a copy of your 2018 federal tax return and pay the $31 processing fee to complete your application.
- Tuesday, 3/19 - Grade 1-2 and choir Spring Program at 2:45 (THIS IS A TIME CHANGE) and 6:30.
- Wednesday, 3/20 - Tuition assistance application help night at Holy Family Central Office from 4:30-6:00
- Thursday, 3/21 - 9:00 mass planned by Our Lady grade 4 White
- Friday, 3/22 - Out of uniform day
- Friday, 3/22 - EC Spring Tea at 10:00
- 3/25 - 3/29 - NO SCHOOL Spring Break
- Thursday, 4/4 - 9:00 mass planned by St. Anthony grade 1 Domeyer
- Saturday, 4/6 - Circle of Celebration
- 4/15-4/19 - Week of the Young Child
- Thursday, 4/11 - 9:00 mass planned by WOTYC Committee
- Wednesday, 4/17 - Passion Mime in church at 10:30
- Thursday, 4/18 - Seder Meal, time TBA
- Friday, 4/19 - NO SCHOOL
- Sunday, 4/21 - Happy Easter!!
Select a teacher's name to read their weekly updates:
St. Anthony Newsletter
Friday, March 22, 2019
From Mrs. Apel
I am happy to say that the children have really done a fabulous job with the extended 25-minutes added to the end of the day. They remain eager and motivated to do their best work.
Teachers are being deliberate in planning for the extra time, focusing primarily on reading and math instruction, as well as skill intervention time known as our WIN (What I Need) time. Great learning is happening in our classrooms!
Our theme for this Lenten season is 40 Days of Love and Sacrifice. Students are called to show Christ-like behaviors in all they say and do.
We encourage the children to do acts of service during this season. Helping young children make the connection on how their acts of service impact the lives of others is an important lesson in almsgiving. This season our almsgiving donations will be given to St. Anthony’s sister parish, St. Montfort parish in Haiti. Donations will be used to help support the rebuilding of their church which was severely damaged by an earthquake.
Please join us for our upcoming Lenten activities.
- Reconciliation – Thursday, April 4, at 1:05 – grades 2-5
- Adoration in the church – Wednesday, April 10, from 3:15-3:30 – grades 2-5
- MCMS Mime – Tuesday, April 16, at 10:30 in the church
- Seder Meal - Thursday, April 18 at 2:30 in the gym.
- Classrooms will pray the Stations of the Cross during Lent.
- Parents are invited to all activities.
Thank you to all of the parents who so generously donated food and treats for our teachers at conferences. The staff is always so appreciative of your generosity and support.
We humbly pray for…
All those suffering from the flu and cold.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
Our annual Spring Scurry will take place on Friday, May 3, in the afternoon. Many fun-filled activities are being planned. Please look for details to be sent out soon.
I believe we can say goodbye to our winter gear! Children are encouraged to dress for the weather/temperature and outside play.
Parking Lot Reminder
Our parking lot during arrival can be rather hectic at times. St. Ambrose and Rosedale Avenue are quite busy with morning traffic.
In an effort to keep all safe, please follow these requests:
- Children should be ready to exit the vehicle when entering the parking lot. Students must exit the passenger side of the vehicle.
- If you are walking your child into the building, please use extra caution as vehicles could be moving at that time.
- When exiting the parking lot, please take precautions, especially when entering on to St. Ambrose Street. The parking on this street is tight and visibility can be challenging.
Arrival and Breakfast Reminder
Please have your child (ren) to school by 8:15. Prayer and announcements begin at 8:15 and we need all members present for this special kick-off of our day.
Note that breakfast is served from 7:45 - 8:10. Students wishing to have breakfast should be in the cafeteria no later than 8:00.
Our recruitment efforts for 2019-2020 are well underway! Realizing that our parents are often our best recruiters, I am asking for your assistance. If you know of family members, friends, neighbors, and/or fellow parishioners who may be interested in joining our community, please direct them to our website for program information and encourage them to give me a call to set up an individual program visit and tour.
Parent Testimonials – Please consider writing a testimonial offering the benefits and experiences of a Catholic education. If interested, email me at email@example.com.
Parent Association News:
Parent Association Meeting
Please join us for our next Parent Association meeting to take place on Tuesday, April 9, at noon, in the St. Anthony Parish Conference Room. Main topics will be our Spring Scurry fundraiser and Staff Appreciation Week.
Early Childhood News: