Wahlert Catholic High School
Athletic Hall of Fame
The Athletic Hall of Fame was established to honor athletes, coaches and community members who have made extraordinary contributions to our Golden Eagles athletic programs. By honoring positive role models, we hope to inspire today’s students to strive for personal and professional excellence.
Each spring, a new class of inductees is honored at an awards dinner. Winners are also listed on a plaque at Wahlert Catholic High School as well as on our website.
- Special Mention
Criteria for Nomination
- Nominees must have graduated from Wahlert or have given significant service to the success of the Wahlert Catholic High School athletic program.
- Nominees must have experienced excellence at Wahlert Catholic High School or beyond at a college, amateur or professional level.
- Student-athlete nominees must have been out of high school for at least five years.
- Coach nominees must have been retired two years or more from the sport for which he or she is being nominated.
- The "special" category was created to honor those who do not fall under the coaches or athletes categories but who have made significant contributions to the Wahlert Catholic athletic program.
Past Hall of Fame Awardees
- 2010 - Robert Anderson, Jr.; Peggy Anderson; Bill Burbach; Ted Burgmeier; Ed Colbert; Charles Cross; Pat Dowd; Barb (Kunnert) Stoffel; Gene Pierotti; Laura Jo (Rodham) Purcell; and Rachael Rogers
- 2011 - Ted Burbach; Denny Conlon; Emil Danner; Ed Feyen; Janine (Gremmel) Smith; Heidi (Heiar) Sutter; Tom Keating; Kelly (Scherr) McClure; and Michael P. Walsh
- 2012 - Phil Bazelides; John Bierie; Greg Burbach; Frank P. Delany, Jr.; Wil Kelly; Tiffany (Treanor) Pins; and Ashley Rogers
- 2013 - Tom Danner; Tom & Mary Feltes; Michael Fitzgerald; John Kriebs; Mary Catherine Mullen; Bernie O'Connor; and Michael A. Walsh
- 2014 - Tim Burbach; Trudy Henkels Hancock; M. LaVonne Kaiser; Meggan Ruth Kohnen Oeth; John Kunnert; and Heidy Pemsl LaFluer
- 2015 - Andy Curoe; Ryan Dolan; Tanya Henkels Fields; Darleen Lavacek Ketelsen; Dale Leibfried; and Bob Varley
- 2016 - Tony Burbach; Brad Burgmeier; Mary Bridget Corken Deutsch; Jonathan Frommelt; Jim Fuerstenberg; and Jen McFadden
- 2017 - Kayla Banwarth; Aaron Brant; Teddy Jo Faley; TJ Leicht; Sara Loetscher; Eric May; Samantha (Reimer) Teply
- 2018 - Peter Eggers; Kevin Kunnert; Kevin O’Neill; Steve Tschiggfrie; Kelley (Westhoff) Jacobs
2019 Athletic Hall of Fame – Mark your calendar!
The 2019 Hall of Hame banquet will take place on Saturday, March 16, 2019.
How to Make a Nomination
To nominate someone you know in the Athletic Hall of Fame, click on the button below to download a nomination form. Mail, fax or email your nomination form using the contact information listed below. 2019 nomination forms are due Jan. 11, 2019.