PowerSchool and School Notifications
PowerSchool is an online portal for storing and tracking student information, such as grades, attendance and demographic data, in real time. When an instructor or parent updates student information in PowerSchool, that information is immediately available to the school, central office, parents and students anywhere and anytime an Internet connection is available.
How We Use PowerSchool
- PowerSchool Registration: As part of registration before each school year begins, we request that all parents create an account or update an existing account with current student data. In your parent PowerSchool account, click on Forms to submit your annual PowerSchool registration forms.
- Grades and Reporting: At the end of each semester (or trimester at the middle school), we distribute student report cards electronically. Instructors, parents and students can also check on grades, attendance and student information anytime throughout the year via their PowerSchool account.
- School Notifications: In the event of a weather-related schedule change or emergency, Holy Family will send notifications to parents through ParentSquare, via email and text/phone, using the information you provide in PowerSchool. Please remember to update your PowerSchool account if your contact information changes.
How to Update Your Contact Information in PowerSchool
- Log in to PowerSchool (please note, contacts cannot be updated through the PowerSchool app)
- Click "Update Contacts" located along the left navigation bar
- Click the tab of the contact you wish to update or choose Add New to add a new contact
- Enter your updated information under the existing information next to "Your Update"
- Click "Save Changes"
Contact changes are subject to administrator approval and may take up to two days to update within our PowerSchool and ParentSquare systems.
Why Am I Not Receiving Emails?
First, make sure your PowerSchool account indicates correct contact information. If incorrect, follow the instructions above to update your contact information or contact Holy Family PowerSchool Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-582-5456 ext. 270.
Holy Family communications are sent via ParentSquare, which uses the contact information you provided in PowerSchool. You may also want to check your notification preferences in your ParentSquare account to view and update your current message delivery options. Visit our ParentSquare page for further instructions or contact Holy Family PowerSchool Support.