Our Catholic Identity
Our Catholic faith is the heart and soul of everything we do at Holy Family Catholic Schools. We start every day with prayer, and our faith and core Christian values steer us from there. We recognize that we stand on the shoulders of the men and women religious, faithful community members and dedicated educators who have come before us to make Catholic education in Dubuque possible, and thus we make it our mission to foster the leaders of tomorrow’s Church.
How Do We Demonstrate Our Faith at School?
- Every school day begins and ends in prayer.
- Students pray before meals.
- All students take religion courses.
- Students take ownership of regular Mass planning, even at the elementary level.
- Reconciliation is celebrated twice a year.
- Retreat and renewal opportunities are available to middle and high school students.
- We find opportunities to serve throughout the year, and our student body completes more than 150 service projects a year.
Share the gift of prayer with our students
Holy Family schools are fortunate to offer and benefit from the blessings of Eucharistic Adoration. Families from throughout the system are invited to participate in adoration on a weekly basis in the Wahlert Catholic High School/Mazzuchelli Catholic Middle School chapel. Pray for our students and enjoy some time in peaceful silence in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. Learn more about Eucharistic Adoration at Holy Family.
Enjoy this short video highlighting our Catholic identity at Wahlert Catholic High School, and learn about the opportunities available to our students through Campus Ministry.