Join Us on ParentSquare
Holy Family uses ParentSquare for all school-to-home communications.
With ParentSquare you’ll be able to:
- Receive all system, school, classroom and group/team communication via email, text or app
- View the school calendar and RSVP for events
- Access the parent directory, helpful links, photos and files
- Sign up to volunteer or bring items when requested
- Receive report cards and other important student documents securely
- Fill out forms and permission slips, make payments, schedule conferences
- And more!
ParentSquare will generate an account for each parent/guardian and high school student using the contacts provided in PowerSchool. You will start receiving school communications automatically.
If you have not yet received an email inviting you to join us on ParentSquare, please contact Zoe Houlihan at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit parentsquare.com/signin to register your account. By registering your account, you'll have the option to customize your account settings and communication preferences.
School Delay & Cancellation Alerts
All parents and guardians will be notified of delays, cancellations, early dismissals and other emergency situations via ParentSquare Alerts. Extended family and other community members who wish to receive delay/cancellation notifications can sign up for the Delay/Cancellation Community Group.
Parent/guardians, staff and HS students do NOT need to sign up separately to receive these alerts.
In the desktop view, click on your name to access "My Account." Select "Notification Settings" in the left panel to update your for email, text and app notifications preferences.
- There are three options for message delivery for each modality (email, text, and app notifications): Instant, Digest, or Off.
- The Digest setting offers a summary of the day's messages delivered at the end of the day, around 6–7 p.m. If a message is important or timely, the sender will override the digest setting to deliver the message instantly.
- The settings you choose for general announcements will NOT impact the delivery of important alerts.
Alerts (such as school delays and cancellations) are delivered to all users, regardless of your general message notification settings, as long as Alerts from Holy Family are turned on in your notification settings.
ParentSquare syncs with PowerSchool on a nightly basis. If you need to update your contact information in ParentSquare, please log into your Parent PowerSchool account to make the necessary changes.
Download the ParentSquare Mobile App [optional]
Click to Expand for more info:
[Wahlert Catholic High School students only]
StudentSquare provides for students the same tools ParentSquare provides for parents – two-way communications with teachers, coaches and counselors in a safe and convenient platform.
Upon account activation, students will have access to:
- Posts – sent to the whole school, grade level, classes, teams, committees or clubs.
- Direct Messages – supporting one-to-one communication among students, teachers, coaches and counselors in a protected platform without sharing personal contact information.
- Alerts – for timely notices such as delays and cancellations.
- Additional features such as appointment sign-ups, calendar events/RSVPs, forms, directories, and more.
Like ParentSquare, StudentSquare can be accessed via a web browser or by using the StudentSquare mobile app (available for iOS and Android). And like parents, students can adjust their account preference to receive email, text and/or app notifications, or turn on/off alerts. Communications through the StudentSquare/ParentSquare platform can be sent to students or students and their parents together.
StudentSquare will use school-issued email accounts and cell phone numbers if provided by parents in PowerSchool. Students may request to add a cell phone number in their StudentSquare account under “Edit Account.”
Scan to Download the StudentSquare Mobile App for Android or iOS
Wahlert Catholic students will be invited to register for StudentSquare via email before the start of the school year.
If you have not received an invitation, visit mystudentsquare.com/signin to activate your account.
Help articles and customer support can be found by clicking the ? in the top right corner of the desktop version or "Help" under the menu of the mobile app.
Questions? Contact Zoe Houlihan, director of communications, email@example.com.