Holy Family uses ParentSquare for all school-to-home communications.
ParentSquare is designed to keep parents and guardians informed and encourage greater engagement and connection with your school(s).
Some key features include:
- School messaging delivered in your home language and preferred format (email, text, or mobile app)
- Parent and staff directories
- School calendars
- Electronic delivery of permission slips and forms
- Event RSVP and volunteer sign-ups
- Convenient access to newsletters and messages, important links, resources and more ... all in one place!
Account Activation & Getting Started
1) Activate your account
Follow the instructions provided in the ParentSchool activation invitation message OR visit parentsquare.com/signin. Upon registration, be sure to verify your cell phone number so that messages can be delivered via text (text alerts are optional).
2) Download the Mobile App (optional)
The ParentSquare mobile app offers a convenient interface for use on your mobile device. Download it in the App Store/Google Play Store or scan the QR code below.
Updating Contact Information
ParentSquare syncs with PowerSchool on a nightly basis. If you need to update your contact information in ParentSquare, please log into your Parent PowerSchool account to make the necessary changes.
Check Your Notification Preferences
Under "My Account" (click on your name), select "Notification Settings" to update your preferences for email, text and app notifications (for those using the mobile app).
- There are three options for message delivery for each modality (email, text, and app notifications): Instant, Digest, or Off.
- Tip! The Digest setting offers a summary of the day's messages delivered at the end of the day, around 6–7 p.m. If a message is important or timely, the sender will override the digest setting to deliver the message instantly.
- Tip! The settings you choose for general announcements will NOT impact the delivery of alerts.
Alerts, (such as weather-related schedule changes) are delivered to all users in the following formats, regardless of your general message notification settings:
- Text (if a cell phone number is on file) OR
- Phone call (if a landline number is on file or you have not verified your cell phone number)
Explore the Platform
Familiarize yourself with the tools and resources available in ParentSquare, such as school calendars, helpful links, school directories and more.
- Tip! Help articles and customer support can be found by clicking the ? in the top right corner of the desktop version or "Help" under the menu of the mobile app.
Scan to Download the ParentSquare Mobile App
Click to Expand for more info:
[Wahlert Catholic High School students only]
StudentSquare provides for students the same tools ParentSquare provides for parents – two-way communications with teachers, coaches and counselors in a safe and convenient platform.
Upon account activation, students will have access to:
- Posts – sent to the whole school, grade level, classes, teams, committees or clubs.
- Direct Messages – supporting one-to-one communication among students, teachers, coaches and counselors in a protected platform without sharing personal contact information.
- Alerts – for timely notices such as delays and cancellations.
- Additional features such as appointment sign-ups, calendar events/RSVPs, forms, directories, and more.
Like ParentSquare, StudentSquare can be accessed via a web browser or by using the StudentSquare mobile app (available for iOS and Android). And like parents, students can adjust their account preference to receive email, text and/or app notifications, or turn on/off alerts. Communications through the StudentSquare/ParentSquare platform can be sent to students or students and their parents together.
StudentSquare will use school-issued email accounts and cell phone numbers if provided by parents in PowerSchool. Students may request to add a cell phone number in their StudentSquare account under “Edit Account.”
Scan to Download the StudentSquare Mobile App for Android or iOS
Wahlert Catholic students will be invited to register for StudentSquare via email before the start of the school year.
If you have not received an invitation, visit mystudentsquare.com/signin to activate your account.
Additional Learning Resources
Click the question mark in the top right corner of the desktop version or the Help tab on the app (tap the triple bar icon at the top left) to find answers to most of your questions.
Or contact Zoe Houlihan firstname.lastname@example.org.