For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16
Holy Family asks your prayers for these deceased members of our community and their families. Deceased alumni, faculty and staff are grouped by graduation year in the lists below. If we have inadvertently missed someone, we deeply apologize. Please contact the Alumni Office at (563) 582-5456 or via email, so we can update our records.
*Slides were updated in November 5, 2020.
2020 Mass of Remembrance
The 2020 Mass of Remembrance was held on Wednesday, November 4 at Church of the Resurrection. Loved ones of the 92 honorees joined some Wahlert students to celebrate Mass and remember all those in our community who have passed away.
2021 Mass of Remembrance
Each fall, Wahlert and Mazzuchelli students come together to celebrate Mass and remember and celebrate the lives of our alumni who have gone before us this past year. Families of alumni and current/former staff members who have passed away in the previous year are invited to join us and present a flower to the altar in memory of their loved one. All community members are welcome to join us for Mass.
The 2021 Mass of Remembrance will be held in late October or early November 2021.
Those who will be remembered and celebrated at the 2021 Mass of Remembrance are:
- Gerhart Langenbach '66 (9-22-2020)
- Richard Boland '68 (9-24-2020)
- Patrick O'Meara '68 (10-10-2020)
- Thomas Roseliep '61 (10-19-2020)
- Michael Kalb '76 (10-25-2020)
- Sean Murphy '80 (10-31-2020)
- Thomas Jochum '71 (11-10-2020)
- Robert Lange '71 (11-19-2020)
- Leonard McCarthy '63 (11-24-2020)
- John Spahn '72 (11-25-2020)
- Elizabeth (Maahs) Sheehan '69 (11-27-2020)
- Janet (Meloy) Nichols '62 (11-30-2020)
- Dennis Lynch '71 (12-1-2020)
- James Goetzinger '68 (12-2-2020)
- Eldon Tranel '68 (12-6-2020)
- Joseph James Dolan '61 (12-8-2020)
- Dianne (Heying) Ruden '62 (12-9-2020)
- Dennis Kopp '61 (12-11-2020)
- John Rhomberg '83 (12-12-2020)
- Jared Postel '86 (12-13-2020)
- Kevin Gockel '84 (12-16-2020)
- Thomas Woodhouse '67 (12-17-2020)
- Elayne (Heitzman) Lansing '62 (12-21-2020)
- Heather Stumpf '88 (12-22-2020)
- Gary Nauman '74 (12-25-2020)
- Cyril Lammers '88 (12-29-2020)
- Fr. Charles Leute, OP '60 (1-1-2021)
- Aileen (Wolfe) Murphy '61 (1-1-2021)
- Mary Ann (Spahn) Bailes '61 (1-2-2021)
- Molly (O'hea) Kaiser '94 (1-8-2021)
- Dianne (Gerdemann) Sieverding '67 (1-11-2021)
- Kathleen (Wolfe) Kelley '67 (1-12-2021)
- Dennis Glover '69 (1-2021)
In Memoriam Donation
A gift in honor of an alumni or someone in our community dedicated to Catholic education is a wonderful way to honor one's life and pay forward the gift of Catholic education. If you would like to make a donation in memory of a loved one, friend or classmate, please click here.
For more information on memorial gifts, please contact Bob Noel at 563-582-5456 ext. 284 or via email.