Choosing a Catholic education may require a personal financial sacrifice, but at Holy Family, we are committed to making sure it's affordable. With several sources of tuition assistance, we'll work with you to establish a personalized tuition plan that's right for your family.
Did you know? Families who are new to Holy Family and reside in Iowa are eligible for an Education Savings Account starting in the 23-24 school year.
The tuition assistance process, for all types of aid, starts with a confidential application submitted through a third-party organization called FACTS. FACTS uses the financial information families provide as well as federal tax returns to recommend a family's School Tuition Organization (STO) award. The same information is then used to assist in our reconsideration process for those who find their tuition assistance award to be insufficient.
*Tuition assistance can only be applied to these base tuition rates. Non-Catholic and non-supporting parish fees are ineligible for assistance.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
All families are eligible to apply, regardless of income level.
- Submit your FACTS application by July 14 for round two consideration. Only one application is required per family.
- You will need to provide your 2022 federal tax return.
- The non-refundable application fee is $36.
- Round two awards will be announced in August. If needed, families may reapply for additional aid through the reconsideration process.
- If you apply for reconsideration, a committee will review your application, and you will receive an award letter outlining additional aid that is available to you.
FACTS At-a-Glance Information
- School Code: 36364
- Application link: online.factsmgt.com/aid
- FACTS call center for application assistance: 866-315-9262
- Customer support chat hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following instructional videos will help guide you through the online FACTS application:
A brief video introduction about what to expect with the online FACTS application.
Navigating the application (English).
Navigating the application (Spanish).
Types of Assistance
School Tuition Organization
The School Tuition Organization, or STO, is Holy Family's primary source of tuition assistance. It provides grants for qualified students to attend non-public schools within the Archdiocese of Dubuque. The STO receives voluntary cash contributions from Iowa taxpayers and allocates those funds to tuition grants for families based on their identified financial need. Once families complete an application for the new school year, it is confidentially reviewed by FACTS, and grants are awarded.