Along with registration for the new school year come many individual items that require your attention. Here you will find all of the instructions and resources necessary to register and prepare for the new school year.
School offices are open throughout the summer, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Families are welcome to stop by school offices for registration assistance at any time during those hours. We request that families complete registration steps 1–4 below by Friday, August 2.
The first day of school is Monday, August 26, 2019
Necessary Steps for Registration (steps 1–4):
You must complete the following steps to finalize registration. Click each section to expand:
Log in to your parent PowerSchool account. Then, locate the "e-Registration" icon in the lower-left panel, and be sure to complete the process for each of your K–12 children by Friday, August 2.
One Check Form:
- Submit the electronic “One Check Form”and make necessary payments.
- Submit your *electronic tuition agreement form and make necessary payments.
Tuition Payment Options:
Holy Family Catholic Schools offers the following payment options:
- Monthly ACH: Payments will be drawn each month on the banking day closest to the 10th from August through May.
- Pay in full: Payment in full may be made by check, cash or credit card. If you pay by cash or check, you qualify for a 1 percent discount if the payment is made on or before registration day in July.
- Quarterly by credit card: Following the initial payment, credit card payments will be automatically charged on a quarterly basis.
Holy Family Catholic Schools accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
Please note that tuition statements were sent separately. Please refer to the payment schedule provided with your statement to determine your first payment due date.
Healthy Kids Act:
- Fill out the Healthy Kids Act Contract for Mazzuchelli students.
- Fill out the Healthy Kids Act Contract for Wahlert students.
Additional Information for All Families
Click on a topic to expand the menu:
Visit our Nutrition Services page for information about how to apply for free and reduced lunches as well as standard meal charge procedures and the medical statement for special dietary needs.
Those applying for free and reduced lunch plans need only submit one form per family, even if your children attend more than one Holy Family school (including Early Childhood).
Scrip allows families to earn money for tuition by shopping at stores you normally visit and purchasing items you normally buy. Click here for more information about SCRIP, to sign up, or to place an order.
Dubuque Community School District Busing
If you live within the Dubuque Community School District and more than two miles from your school, you will receive a letter directly from the Dubuque Community School District in August stating your child's bus route or if you will be offered reimbursement instead of a ride. Visit our Forms Page to locate the optional transportation reimbursement form for those to whom it applies.
Jule City Transit
Families wishing to utilize The Jule for student transportation will need to purchase an annual youth pass. For more information, click here.
Holy Family Uniform Orders
Visit the Uniforms page to shop for dress code approved uniform items featuring the Holy Family official logos. Items can be purchased through the Holy Family eStore or Lands’ End School. Crested uniform apparel is only required at the middle school and high school level, but all sizes K-12 are available.
All orders purchased through the Holy Family eStore must be placed by August 1 for delivery before the school year begins.
School uniform samples available through the eStore can be viewed all summer long at the Holy Family Catholic Schools Offices located at 2005 Kane St. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Sizing varies greatly by item, so please be sure to bring your child(ren) in for a fitting.
Lands’ End Fit Kits are also available at the Holy Family Catholic Schools Offices to help determine appropriate sizing. All items purchased through Lands’ End School will be shipped directly to your home. Please allow for a turnaround time of 5-7 business days for Lands’ End purchases.
If you have any questions regarding Holy Family uniforms, please contact Tessa Petsche at email@example.com or call 563-582-5456.
Uniform Recycle Event
Monday–Friday, July 22-26, 8 a.m.–4 p.m. at Wahlert Catholic High School - Room #115, 2005 Kane St.
Donate your used Holy Family uniforms or stop by and pick up some items for next school year.
All uniform items are no charge and there is no limit on the number of items you can select. You do not have to donate items to pick up items.
Donations of the following items will be accepted:
- Holy Family crested and non-crested school-approved uniform tops - polos, oxfords, sweatshirts, jackets/pullovers
- School-approved uniform bottoms.
- All items must be gently used, clean and in good condition – Items with stains, rips or tears will not be accepted.
Donated items can be dropped off before or during the event at the Holy Family Catholic Schools Offices located at 2005 Kane St. (door to the left of the main Wahlert entrance).
Holy Family dress codes can be found on the uniforms page.
- Physical exam records are required for early childhood students as well as secondary students who participate in athletics.
- Elementary students (K–5) are required to submit a Health Records Form. All students should provide up to date immunization records.
- Early Childhood Physical form
- Elementary Health Records form
- Student Athletics Physical form (Middle/High School)
- Athletics Concussion form (Middle/High School)
- Immunization Records form (all)
- Dental Screening form (Kindergarten and ninth grade only)
Please contact Beth Broderick, the school nurse, if you have questions: 563-583-9771 x 238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Ghost Elementary
- Resurrection Elementary
- St. Anthony Elementary (includes SA/OLG Preschool/PreK)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Spanish Immersion Program (see St. Anthony list for Preschool/PreK)
- St. Columbkille Elementary
- Mazzuchelli Catholic Middle School
- A supply list is not provided for Wahlert Catholic High School.
With the diversity of courses at Wahlert Catholic, supply needs vary from student-to-student. Students are advised to bring their preferred supplies for notetaking and staying organized for the first few days of school. Individual teachers may have suggestions for additional needed supplies.
School Specific Information
Click on your child(ren)'s school(s) to expand the menu:
- Freshman orientation for incoming ninth-grade students will take place on Friday, August 23, from 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Students should report to the Wahlert gym in uniform and bring paper and a writing utensil. There will be a social dance for ninth-graders that evening from 6:30–8:00 p.m.
- Current Holy Family Mazzuchelli students entering Wahlert (incoming 9th graders) are required to bring their old chrome books with them. A new chrome book will be assigned once the old one is returned. Incoming 9th graders new to Holy Family will receive chrome books at this time also.
- Chrome Book distribution and orientation for upperclassmen new to Wahlert Catholic will be from 1:30–2:30 p.m. on Friday, August 23.
- School pictures will be taken by Siebe Studios on Thursday, August 29 (Wahlert students should be in-uniform for school pictures).
- Activities and Athletics– practices begin August 12, for those participating in fall athletics (football, volleyball, boys and girls cross country, boys golf and girls swimming.)
- Click here to print the Student Athletic Physical form
- Immunization Requirements for incoming 12th-graders– The Iowa Department of Public Health has made changes to the Iowa Immunization law. This change requires that all students entering the 12th grade have a Meningococcal vaccine before school starts this fall. For more information, contact school nurse Beth Broderick at 563-583-9771 ext. 238, email@example.com or your family doctor.
- Dental screening form– required for incoming ninth-graders: click here.
Visit the Wahlert web page for further information such as dress code, handbooks and calendars.
- Orientation day for all Mazzuchelli students and parents will be held on Thursday, August 22, from 8:00–9:30 a.m., 9:30–11:00 a.m., 4:00–5:30 p.m., and 5:30–7:00 p.m. Families should attend at the time most convenient for them. No preliminary sign up is necessary. During orientation, students will have school pictures taken, locker combinations will be assigned, and school supplies can be delivered. Families will have the opportunity to pick up yearbooks and SchoolKidz Kits (for those who purchased these items in advance), purchase spirit apparel and sign up for volunteer committees.
- School pictures will take place during orientation (dress code is not required for pictures).
- 1:1 computer distribution – all students new to Mazzuchelli, including all incoming sixth-graders, will be issued Chromebooks during orientation.
- Activities and Athletics (seventh- and eighth-graders only) – Students can sign up for Show Choir, Mock Trial, and fall athletics (football, volleyball and cross country) during orientation. Click here to view athletics schedules. Click here to print the Athletic Physical form.
- Student schedules will be provided on orientation day.
- Immunization Requirements for incoming seventh-graders – The Iowa Department of Public Health requires that all students entering the seventh grade have both a Meningococcal vaccine and a Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis/whooping cough) booster before school starts this fall. For more information, contact school nurse Beth Broderick at 563-583-9771 x 238, firstname.lastname@example.org or your family doctor.
Visit the Mazzuchelli web page for further information such as dress code, handbooks, school supply lists, and the school calendar.
- Orientation will be held on August 22. Time to be announced!
- Stay tuned for the date for our Back to School BBQ
Visit the Holy Ghost web page for further information such as dress code, handbooks, school supply
lists and the school calendar.
- New Parent Meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 13, 6:00 p.m. in the school cafeteria (enter the building through door #2). Children are welcome and babysitting will be provided. All NEW Resurrection families are invited to attend and learn our school procedures school, meet one another and meet members of the Resurrection Parent Association.
- Orientation day on Thursday, August 22, provides the opportunity for families to visit with classroom teachers one-on-one to learn about the curriculum, classroom rules and procedures, special grade-level events and communication methods. Scheduling for these individual 15-minute sessions will open on Monday, August 5, in a manner similar to parent/teacher conferences. A Swift Reach announcement with the registration link and instructions will be sent to your updated primary email on Friday, August 3. Students should bring school supplies to school on orientation day.
- SchoolKids supply kits, for those who ordered, may be picked up in the school office between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. beginning Tuesday, August 13, OR can be picked up in the classroom on orientation day.
- Resurrection Parent Association - Be on the look out for opportunities to volunteer with the Resurrection Parent Association! You can join our Facebook page for event information, volunteer opportunities, and school reminders.
Visit the Resurrection web page for further information such as dress code, handbooks, school
supply lists and the school calendar.
- Orientation day on Thursday, August 22, provides the opportunity for families to visit with classroom teachers one-on-one to learn about curriculum information, classroom rules and procedures, special grade-level events, and communication methods. Scheduling for these individual 15-minute sessions will open on August 1, in a manner similar to parent/teacher conferences. You will receive an email with the registration link and instructions.
- Students should bring school supplies to school on orientation day. SchoolKidz supply kits will be in the students’ classrooms on orientation day, for those who ordered.
- Meet and Greet New Principal, Mrs. Carolyn Wiezorek on Thursday, August 8, at 5:30–7:00 p.m.
- Parent Association
- You will be contacted by the Parent Association as opportunities to volunteer arise throughout the year.
- Your association dues will cover staff Christmas gifts and Teacher Appreciation Week. Families will not be asked to make separate contributions at those times.
- Orientation day on Thursday, August 22, provides the opportunity for families to visit with classroom teachers one-on-one to learn about the curriculum, classroom rules and procedures, special grade-level events and communication methods, plus to share any information about your child that you want the teacher to know. Scheduling for these individual 10-minute sessions will open on August 8, in a manner similar to parent/teacher conferences. You will be contacted separately with the registration link and instructions. Students should bring school supplies to school on Orientation day.
- Personalized Learning Parent Meeting specifically geared for parents of 4th graders, but ALL parents (K-5th grade) are invited. Two sessions with same information during Orientation Day: 11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 5:30–6:15 p.m. in Room 203. In early September, additional meetings will be held to assist in understanding the information on the learning platform.
- New Family Meeting after Orientation Day visits on Thursday, August 22, at 7:00 p.m. in the kindergarten, Room 100. Children are welcome and babysitting will be provided. All new St. Columbkille families are invited to come and learn more about the school, meet one another and members of the St. Columbkille Parent Association.
- SchoolKids supply kits and Yearbooks, for those who ordered, may be picked up in the school office between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. any time in August.
Visit the St. Columbkille web page for further information such as dress code, handbooks, school
supply lists and the school calendar.
Electronic payments will incur a $3 convenience fee. If you prefer to complete hard copy versions of these forms which were provided electronically, please print the forms below and deliver them to your school office along with necessary payments.